Regardless of Which Team has the Edge, Your Wallet is Sure to Win
Procrastinators rejoice! Although Super Bowl 50 between the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos is just days away now, there is still time to plan a fun party for you and your guests without making it an expensive one. Plan wisely by using our tips below:
- Make it a potluck event – Just because you’re providing the venue for the party, doesn’t mean you have to be in charge of supplying all the food and drinks as well. Ask your guests to bring an item or two and you should have something for everyone to enjoy during the big game.
- Don’t buy prepared items – Leave the markup behind by putting together your own appetizers and snacks. This includes cutting up your own vegetables instead of buying a tray, making a simple dip with refried beans, salsa, and cheese, and popping bags of popcorn in the microwave instead of buying ready-made bags of popcorn that can cost several times more.
- To the dollar store for disposables! – Between the plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, and napkins, these costs can add up and don’t offer any long-term value because, well, they’re disposable. As a result, visit your local dollar store to stock up on these items without worrying what they look like. Trust us, the likelihood of your friends talking about the print on the plates or color of the napkins Monday morning is slim-to-none.
- Grab alcohol on the (relatively) cheap – Even if you don’t have a membership to one of the larger warehouse clubs such as Sam’s Club, Costco, or BJ’s, you may still be able to take advantage of their lower prices on alcohol. You can purchase your favorite drinks at any Sam’s Club store in the country that sells alcohol, while the other two warehouse stores maintain availability based on their governing state’s laws. To play it safe, it is best to call your local store in advance and confirm their policy.
- Skip the decorations and extra entertainment – There will be plenty to keep your guests occupied. In addition to each other’s company, as well as the food and drinks, everyone will have the game, commercials, and a halftime show featuring Coldplay, Beyoncé, and Bruno Mars to keep busy. This is probably the one party you don’t have to overdo it on the entertainment.